10 Simple ways you can reduce your carbon footprint at home
I am sure we all would like to be more environmentally friendly in any way we can, so we have compiled some simple ways that you can reduce your carbon footprint at home.
- Turn your lights off when you leave a room – Lighting is responsible for about 11% of a home’s energy bills, so you can save money too as well as reducing your carbon footprint.
- Buy in bulk – Next time you are at the grocery store, look at buying bulk items where feasible.
- Use blankets to warm up instead of central heating – By using a blanket and or turning your thermostat down by just 1 degree can save on your heating & reduce your carbon footprint.
- Be patient when using oven. Try not to open the oven too often when cooking as every time you do, you let the heat escape, and you use more energy as a result.
- Turn the water off while you brush your teeth. This simple act can save 8 gallons a day.
- Switch to paperless billing. Nearly all financial institutions and utility companies now offer paperless billing and payments. It saves them money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Skip the paper coffee or tea cup – Some coffee shops allow you to bring your own mug and fill it.
- Cut the junk mail – You can post a notice on your letterbox not to receive junk mail.
- Work from Home – If you can, this is a fantastic way to reduce your carbon footprint at home.
- Replace one business trip with a video call – This will greatly reduce your carbon footprint.
For more details on how CosiHomes can help reduce your carbon footprint at home CALL 1890 315315 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
June 17th, 2015