How to apply for the Better Energy Home Scheme Grant
Before we outline the steps involved to apply for the Better Energy Home Scheme Grant, let us quickly give you an overview of what it is.
The Better Energy Home scheme provides grants to homeowners to upgrade their homes with energy efficiency measures, thus reducing energy use, costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Grants are provided for the following upgrade works done to any home built before 2006 – Roof Insulation, Wall Insulation, Boiler and heating control upgrades & solar panels.
So if you decide to apply for the Better Energy Home Scheme Grant yourself, here are the steps on how to do it.
- Decide on work to be done and grant to be applied for
- Pick an SEAI registered Contractor Apply for SEAI grant and get approval
- Get works done by registered SEAI contractor
- Get BER done and published by registered BER assessor
- Submit complete and correct forms to SEAI
- Get payment directly into Bank Account
(Please note that steps 3-6 above must be done within 6 months of the grant offer) If you want to save yourself the hassle, at CosiHomes we will assess your suitability for a grant application, help you fill in the relevant paperwork and work with appropriate financial institutions if you need to get a Green Loan to complete your home energy efficiency upgrade.
For more details on how CosiHomes can help cut your home heating bills by up to 25% CALL 1890 315315 or EMAIL email@example.com
August 20th, 2015